The Mastering Course is a comprehensive 8 class journey into the art of mastering in the modern studio environment. Whether you are mastering your own music production work or the work of other artists and music producers, this class is perfect for you.
You do not need to have a pristine listening environment to do quality mastering work. You need to learn how to listen, what to listen for and how to apply the tools you have to acheive the results you desire. This course will show you how!
In addition to the 8 two-hour classes, you will also have access 40 additional Lessons that provide depth and detail for each week’s specific topic. The Lessons Include:
- Support Videos
- Audio Programs
- Downloadable Support Materials
- Access to all classes and class materials
- Take the course at your own pace
- Ask questions directly to me through email
Class 1: What is Mastering and the Mastering Process
This is an introduction to the art of Mastering, defining what it is and explaining its role in the music production process.
- What is Mastering
- The Evolution of Mastering
- A History of Loudness
- Modern Mastering
- The Mastering Process, Step by Step
Class 2: Mastering Software and Hardware
There are many forms of Mastering Software. Some are focussed purely on processing audio and others offer advanced editing features and the ability to create CD Masters.
- Basic Mastering Plugins
- Advanced Mastering Plugins
- CD Mastering Software
- Mastering Hardware
- Restoration Software
Class 3: Equalization in Depth
These lessons focus on the application of Equalization in the Mastering Process
- Frequencies and the 3D Sound Field
- Mastering Equalizers
- Working With Filters in Mastering
- Additive Equalization in Mastering
- Mastering EQ in the Processing Chain
Class 4: Compression and Limiting in Depth
These lessons focus on Compression and Limiting Techniques in the Mastering Process.
- Mastering and Frequency Density
- Mastering Compression Techniques
- Mastering Limiter Techniques
- MultiBand Compression Techniques
- MultiBand Limiter Techniques
Class 5: Depth and Imaging Techniques
Size is about much more than just frequencies and compression, it’s also about depth and focused imaging. These lessons uncover valuable depth and imaging techniques to squeeze out all the size you can get from a mix.
- The 3D Sound-Field
- Stereo vs. M/S Processing
- Early Reflections and Reverb
- Exciters and Imaging Plugins
- Mono Compatibility
Class 6: Levels and Loudness
Love it or Hate it Loudness is a inescapable part of the modern music production environment. This is about more than just making your mix louder than the next guy’s mix, it is about adapting your mixes to the many ways people listen to music and the environments they listen in.
- Meters and Metering Techniques
- Loudness vs. Levels
- Compression Techniques for Loudness
- Peak Limiters and Loudness
- Loudness and Dynamic Range
Class 7: Mastering For CD
The process of mastering for CD involves a number of additional steps and considerations to get the best results from the manufacturing process.
- Song Order, Spacing and Levels
- CD Subcodes and CD Text
- ISRC and UPC/EAN Codes
- DDP vs. CDR Masters (Red Book)
- Glass Masters and the Manufacturing Process
- Mastering Documentation
Class 8: Exporting and Conversion
After all the processing and preparation work is done, the final master must be exported and converted to the necessary formats for distribution. These lessons discuss
- Understanding Bit Depth and Dithering
- Exporting the CD/DDP Master
- Exporting Individual Masters
- Format Conversion for iTunes and Internet
- Final Thoughts…
Purchase the Mastering Course
$97 for 1 year access
Click on the PayPal link below to purchase. If you already have a membership profile then follow the directions below.
After purchase you can access the course materials clicking on the “MPG Courses” navigation tab at the top of the screen and selecting the “Mastering Course”.
Already have a Membership Profile?
- Go to your Membership Details Page
- Select the “Purchase” link next to “Other Membership Levels”
- Select the “Mastering Course” option you prefer.
- Hit “Next” and Check Out with PayPal.
HAVE A QUESTION OR NEED MORE INFO?
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS CONTACT FORM…