This is an 8 week intensive mixing course designed to completely change the way you approach mixing music. This course is the advanced version of the Basic Mixing Course. It contains more explicitly detailed information about the inner workings of the mixing process and the tools used for mixing.
This course is specifically designed for individuals who wish to learn a practical, professional approach to mixing in detail. This class was created by Michael White, a 27 year professional of the music industry with over 30 gold and platinum records and 100 million in sales. See my credits and discography HERE.
This course will completely transform the way you look at, listen to, and mix music!
The Advanced Mixing Course Includes:
- 8 Two hour classes that demonstrate the mixing process
- 40 additional lessons (5 per week) detailing each step in the mixing process.
- Over 60 support videos (40+ hours of content)
- Email Access For Questions
- Downloadable Multi-Track Song for Mixing
- Downloadable support materials
Class 1: The Structure of Mixing
This is the most essential part of the online mixing course because all of the other classes will be built off of the information provided here. It is absolutely necessary to teach you how to listen to music and what to listen for.
- A Historical Perspective of Mixing
- A Visual Approach to Audio
- Listening Environment and Speaker Setup
- Session Organization and the 3 Tiered Mixing System
- Preparing to Mix
Class 2: The Mixing Process
This phase of the online mixing course starts the actual mixing process and goes step by step through the process of how to start your mix. There are many hidden secrets in this stage of the mixing process that build the foundation for everything else you do.
- The Mix Process: Step by Step
- Setting a Goal For Your Mix
- Levels and Panning
- Phase and Phase Relationship
- Filters and Subtractive EQ
Class 3: Tonal Shaping & Equalization
This is an in depth look at EQ and how it is best applied in a mix. Equalization is an incredibly powerful tool for shaping and refining your mix. It is also the most grossly overused tool. This discussion in the online mixing workshop will dispel the many myths surrounding EQ and it’s application in the mixing process.
- Different Types of EQ
- Understanding Filters and Q
- Using Vintage Equalizers
- Shaping Sound
- Practical Application and Techniques
Class 4: Dynamics Processing Part 1
Dynamics processing is absolutely the most misunderstood and misused form of processing by novices and professionals alike. It is also the most powerful form of processing when used correctly. This week will explain, in extreme detail, the what, why, when and how of dynamics processing.
- Types of Compressors and Expanders
- The concept of Frequency Density
- Parameters of the Compressor
- How to Hear Compression
- The Practical Application of Compression
Class 5: Dynamics Processing Part 2
This class will focus on the practical application of dynamics processing including the use of advances dynamic processing techniques. You will learn how to truly harness the power of compression and solidify the imaging and depth of your mix.
- Advanced Compression Techniques
- Using Vintage Compressors
- Multiband Compressors
- Unique Dynamics Processors
- A Complete Compression Overview
Class 6: Effects Processing
This is an in-depth look at effects processing and how it should be applied in the mixing process. Each form of processor is discussed in detail and how it effects the 3D soundstage.
- Early Reflections
- Reverb and Echoes
- Delay Effects
- Modulation Effects
- Processing Tips and Techniques
Class 7: Automation and Fine Tuning
This topic will discuss the importance of automation and the concept of focussing the listener’s attention. This is the stage where the song comes together ‘musically’ and is the critical stage for turning your ‘mix’ into a ‘record’.
- The Layers of Automation
- Pre Processing Automation
- Automating Effects
- Automation Techniques
- Automating Fade-ins and Fade-outs
Class 8: Finishing The Mix
This is the integration stage for all the other techniques that have been applied in the previous weeks. In this stage of the online mixing course, you will learn how to gel all of the individual processing techniques into a coherent mix. This will dramatically change your perspective of mixing and is where the 3 Tiered Mixing System comes into full effect.
- 3 Tiered Mixing System Revisited
- Mix Stem and Mix Buss Processing
- Considerations for Mastering
- Printing The Final Mix
- Managing Updates and Archival
Purchase the Advanced Mixing Course
Now at Lowest Price Ever! (Expires Sept 1)
$97) $29 for 1 year access
Purchasing the Advanced Mixing Course will give you access to all the online course materials. This course includes all 8 of the live 2-hour class replays and 40 additional lessons. You will also have email access directly with me.
After purchase you can access the course materials using the “MPG Courses” navigation tab at the top of the screen and selecting the “Advanced Mixing Course”.
Already have a Membership Profile?
- Go to your Membership Details Page
- Select “Purchase” next to Other Membership Levels
- Select the “Advanced Mixing Course“
- Hit “Next” and Check Out with PayPal.
HAVE A QUESTION OR NEED MORE INFO?
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS CONTACT FORM…